CURRENTLY ACTIVE PROJECTS
- CA-PAMR Committee: (California Pregnancy-Associated Maternal Mortality Review): First ever statewide multi-specialty review of maternal deaths to determine causes, improvement opportunities, and drivers of disparity in California. Begun in 2006, with first review in 2007.
- OB Hemorrhage Task Force and 2013 Update Task Force: The first CMQCC quality improvement task force charged with developing a comprehensive and practical set of tools to use in every L&D unit in California to reduce the morbidity of obstetric hemorrhage. The Toolkit was released in 2010 and is currently being updated to reflect user experiences and new evidence.
- Preeclampsia Task Force: The third CMQCC quality improvement task force charged with developing a set of tools which define the scope of the problem of preeclampsia, recommend best practices for the prevention of and response to preeclampsia, and outline the most effective strategies for supporting California health providers in implementing those practices.
- Preeclampsia Expert Panel: Clinicians who serve as expert panel members to the statewide CMQCC Preeclampsia Collaborative project.
- Cardiovascular Disease in Pregnancy Task Force: The fourth CMQCC quality improvement task force charged with developing tools to assist primary maternity providers and other health care providers who see pregnant and postpartum women to identify women at risk for cardiovascular disease in pregnancy or postpartum.
- California Maternal Data Center: The CMDC is an online tool that generates rapid-cycle performance metrics on maternity care services. The tool is designed to support hospital quality improvement activities and service-line management in a way that is low burden, low cost and high value for participants.
PAST CMQCC PROJECTS
- Less Than 39 Week Toolkit Development Task Force: The second CMQCC quality improvement task force charged with developing a set of tools for prevention of early deliveries.
- Maternal Data Committee: Collects, coordinates and matches maternity data from many state sources (including vital statistics and discharge diagnoses) and in turn provides them to other CMQCC committees for use in quality improvement.
- MQIP Committee: (Maternal Quality Improvement Panel): Oversees all aspects of the hospital-based quality improvement activities of CMQCC, including building QI capacity, selection of improvement topics and the creation of task forces to develop specific tools for improvement.
- LAMH Project: (Local Assistance for Maternal Health Project): Funded by CA-DPH/MCAH for Local Health Jurisdictions to implement pilot projects for the improvement of maternity outcomes.
- OB Hemorrhage Expert Panel Committee: Clinicians who serve as expert panel members to the statewide CMQCC OB Hemorrhage Collaborative in 2011 and 2012.
- MQI (Maternal Quality Indicators Project): Based at UCLA and headed by Michael Lu, MD, MPH, this project has been working to develop maternal quality measures.
- California Maternal Standards of Care Project
Other California Program and Data Resources (Index)
Link to an index of other California Programs
Profile in Improvement
Learn how Mary Campbell Bliss improved the preterm labor assessment process at Sutter Medical Center Sacramento by utilizing Rapid fetal fibronectin (R-fFN).